But not everything. Some things have gone the way of the dinosaur, and I'm glad to see them go.
Here's a few:
- Station wagons - Need more space, but hate easy parking? This stretch sedan is for you! And since it's not ugly enough, we'll put fake wood paneling on the side. That stuff will last, trust us!
- Homework - Some people miss being in school. Not me. I haven't missed it for one single day. For me, school was more about playing the game for the teachers than learning. I only finished my degree because it was easier to go to school for two more years than to have that discussion with my mom. She's a teacher. Thanks for keeping me in school, Mom!
- Dialup - Oh, the pain. I had an external 14.4kbps modem. I had to wait until my folks went to bed, and then I could use the phone line. And if I was downloading a program larger than a couple megabytes, I had to start the download and go to bed. I was using a 386 with 4MB of RAM.
- If that last sentence confused you, then try this - I was driving a tricycle on the information superhighway. Wheeee!
- Remote Control-less TVs - My kid's going to blown away by what I had to do in order to watch TV. Oh, the effort!
- CDs - I don't even know where my CDs are anymore. It really doesn't matter, either.
What don't you miss?