"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade."
I have bad luck.
I'm not talking about the major things in life. I'm blessed with a loving family, a great job and a roof over my head.
I'm talking about the little things:
- If I make a bet with you, I will lose.
- If I wash the car, it will rain (18 times in a row; ask my wife!).
- I've gone gambling once and played the lottery once; I lost both times.
- Whichever sports team I'm rooting for will lose.
- Whichever stock I buy will go down.
This seems like an Eeyore mentality, but I have some entrepreneur blood in me. So I've decided to make lemonade.
This is my new business model:
For $50, I will cheer for your football team's opponent. The price goes up during the playoffs, and doubles for the Super Bowl (triple if you need me to watch the halftime show for some reason).
For $100 plus expenses, I will buy the stock you're short selling.
Jockeying for a big promotion at work? I'll write recommendation letters for your competition. Just $25 / letter.
Of course, with my luck, my luck will turn around right after I get my first client.
I can't win.
What would you pay me to mess up for you?