|This is what sunroofs are for.|
My one-year-old used to be able to:
- Sing "Amazing Grace".
- Count to 6, using most of the numbers along the way.
- Name all the letters in the alphabet by sight.
- Drive Grandpa's Corvette around the cul-de-sac.
- Use an iPad, iPhone, iPod or iAnything like a pro. Including turning on the magnification feature no one could figure out how to turn off.
- Build a lawn mower and a truck at Home Depot.
- Somersault down a flight of stairs and ask to do it again.
- Show off his vocabulary - turquoise, onomatopoeia, arrivederci, Isotopes.
- Ask us to take him to a baseball game, then say "OK!", and go wait by the garage door.
Sadly, my one-year-old can no longer do any of these things.
Because, today, he's two.
Evan, I don't know where the time goes, but I do know this:
We love you.
Now, get in the car - we're going to a baseball game!
Sappy, precious memories...go!